Serv-U is a powerful, easy-to-use, award-winning FTP server created by Rob Beckers.
An FTP server uses the FTP protocol to share files across the Internet.
Serv-U is not only 100% compliant with the current FTP standard, but
also includes numerous features unique to Serv-U that make it a perfect
file sharing solution for virtually everyone. Flexible FTP server (or
Daemon) for all 32-bit versions of MS-Windows (Windows 2000 (Advanced)
Server, 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home / Professional, Windows
Server 2003, Windows Vista). It turns any PC with a network connection
into an FTP site on the Internet. Serv-U makes a vast array of features
available to the user that ensures the administrator has full control
over their FTP server.
Serv-U offers the following:
- Easy to set up and use.
- A Windows standard, with over 50000 registered users!
- Support for Secure-FTP through SSL/TLS.
- Support for ODBC databases for accounts.
- Lots of security through passwords, read/write/append/modify rights
per directory or file for each user (including Anonymous), and access
restrictions based on IP address.
- Fast and rock solid!
- Multiple 'virtual' FTP servers can be set up on a single instance of Serv-U.
- Server can be administered remotely.
- Supports S/KEY one-time passwords.
- Support for temporary accounts that are automatically deleted upon expiration.
- Support for UL/DL ratios, disk quota limitations, network bandwidth
limiting, and automatic anti-anti-time-out plus anti-hammering
- Full UNC path support.
- Support for virtual paths. Directories or drives can be mapped to any location in a user's directory structure.
- Support for 'links' such as those used in UNIX.
- Full support for all 'ls' directory listing options.
- Support for messages to users, or from users to the server.
- Users can be put into groups for easy maintenance of large numbers.
- A complete implementation of the FTP standard in RFC959, RFC1123,
RFC1760, RFC2228, RFC2246, RFC2289, RFC2389 and the Secure-FTP draft.
- Supports resuming of file uploads and downloads.
- Configurable messages for sign-on, sign-off, login, and directory changes.
- Has time-out and time-limit features, so connections are automatically
cleared when idle, hung, or connected too long.
- Easy to setup and maintain through a separate administrator program.
For automated maintenance the settings are stored in either an .INI
file, registry, or ODBC database of simple format.
- Has an open architecture which makes monitoring, changing and extending the server behavior possible through external DLLs.
- Logs all transactions to file and screen that can be read by other
applications. Includes unique session IDs, time, and date stamps.
Corporate addresses the need for a business-class FTP server with no
limitations and the ability to grow with your business. With this in
mind, Serv-U Corporate allows the following:
- ODBC database support
- Integrated SSL Support
- Unlimited domains with an unlimited number of concurrent connections
- Unlimited number of user accounts
- Support for directory mapping and links
- Support of UL/DL ratios and quotas
- Support for remote administration
- Windows User NT-SAM / Active Directory Support
Changes in Serv-U 126.96.36.199, released July 8, 2009:
* Added read-only administrator support. Two new administrator user
types have been added, "Read-Only System Administrator" and "Read-Only
* Substantially increased internal HTTP parsing to improve the speed of the Management Console and Web Client.
* Changed localization (translations) internally to use individual string files instead of separate resource DLLs.
* Converted all ReadMe_??.txt files translations to UTF-8.
* Eliminated License.txt from the installation, License.rtf is the exclusive licensing file instead.
* Added support for UNICODE / UTF-8 passwords. This allows passwords to
be extended beyond the ASCII characters. NOTE: some FTP clients do not
use UTF-8 for S/Key encoding and therefore may fail.
* Changed the RhinoSoft.com company logo in the "Program Information" tab to the new 3D version.
* Changed certificate creation to use UTF-8 allowing certificates to contain any character.
* Changed certificate viewing to decode UTF-8 encoded certificates.
* Added the ability for the browse dialog in the Management Console to use the specified directory path as the starting point.
* Added the ability to export users to CSV (comma separated value)
files to complement Serv-U-Setup.exe's ability to import. See the
Serv-U Knowledge Base for full details.
* Increased the width of
the path fields so that space is more effectively used as a result of
the size reduction of the "Browse" button in 188.8.131.52.
the availability for user system variables for events that do not have
an associated login (e.g., User Delete and User Create).
Improved browser error message handling retrieving result codes
server-side instead of client side. Saves bandwidth and memory allowing
only needed messages to be transferred to the browser.
* Improved numeric field verification in the management console to provide more specific information about invalid entries.
* Improved file and directory path field verification in the management console to disallow invalid characters.
* Changed the group membership to a side-by-side list to make adding and removing membership much more efficient.
* Added support for the X-Forwarded-For HTTP header to identify the
actual IP addresses of client computers. This is primarily set by proxy
servers and load balancers.
* Added cipher information to the active session monitor grid and "Spy & Chat" dialog.
* Changed SSH login so that the "none" login request, used by most SFTP
clients to determine the supported authentication modes, doesn't cause
an event to fire and extra entries added to logs.
* Hide the "Create Directory" button in the Web Client if the logged-in user does not have any directory creation permissions.
* Added a cancel button for FTP Voyager JV's logout dialog. This allows the user to go back into FTP Voyager JV.
* When launching FTP Voyager JV for the first time, the column widths expand evenly to fill the available space.
* Optimized FTP Voyager JV downloads to use less server-side RAM when a user is logged in.
* Changed the format for FTP Voyager JV error codes for easier debugging.
* Added extra support information to FTP Voyager JV's launch page that
responds to the Apple Java Update 1.6_13 for Macintosh machines. This
update can break the automatic startup of the "Java Web Start"
application which opens "jnlp" files.
Size : 9.5 MB